Life is not Alive.

We usually think of life as an alive force with emotions and logic similar to those of us, human beings. Some people talk of life as loving and beautiful and some as vengeful and unforgiving. When we are in the trenches of it, we feel targetted by life. When we are striving, we feel grateful to " life" for being kind to us.
But the truth is that Life is Not Alive. It has no emotions and feelings nor logic and common sense. Life is a series of events that happen around us and the forces that influence life are more often than not are beyond our control. We usually attach meaning, value and stories to life based on our own experiences and attitudes. An unpleasant experience will be perceived very differently by two people with different mindsets. The one who has a mindset of struggle will suffer while the one with a mindset of growth will learn from the same unpleasant experience. We hear all around us about how to "just be positive", "worry takes you nowhere, so stop overthinking it", "accept what is and just move on" etc.
Here is one practical advice I learned from Deepak Chopra: " I accept the flow of life."
No blame game, no victimhood mentality, no struggle mindset. You are not being punished or targetted by life. The world doesn't revolve around you. Pain, hardship, failures, mistakes are all part of being human. When you adopt a growth mindset instead of victim mindset, your perception changes. And that changed your life. I am not trying to be Tony Robins here. I am speaking of my own personal experience. I am just at the beginning of my journey here and I love my new mindset. When I had my RA flare up and couldn't get out of bed from pain, I felt more love and compassion for my body instead of hate. When I struggled so terribly at work, I vowed to learn from the mishaps happening around me instead of feeling pity for myself. When my narcissist ex-husband tried his manipulation techniques, I felt more in control and at peace. I almost felt sorry for him and his turbulent mind. When we were driving home one evening, the presence of my daughter, chatter of my sister and the sight of the big beautiful moon filled my heart with gratitude and joy. I savored that moment and still do. I don't photograph most of my happy times because I want to be fully present then and there and commit as much of the feelings and experience to memory as possible.
I am still struggling with my health,  self-expression, parenting, social interactions, time management, finances, relationship with food and discipline in exercise. However, my mindset has shifted. I will explore that shift in my next post. I have accepted the flow of life. That has become my daily mantra for now. By repeating it daily, I want to train my subconscious mind to accept it. My goal is to unroot years of learned unhappiness and hopelessness from my subconscious mind. There are no grandiose egotistic feelings here. I am feeling more self-compassion, self-acceptance, peace, and control in life.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do you know the most important person in the world?

I had a visitor.

Perfection vs Connection